Monday, January 24, 2011

Contact Info!

Good Evening...

First thing, 
here is the link to our Discussion Board so we can have lengthy discussions on things. Deidra set it up for us, so Thanks Deidra!!!


Something that seems to be Top Priority is....we need Contact Information!
So if you could possibly send a private message to me, Brett, Andy, or Carrie with contact info, that'd be great! Eventually we'll figure out some sort of committee and then we'll have more specific people to send info to, yada yada. But for now...we'll just stick with class officers. Andy volunteered to help organize that info (he's good at that sort of thing ;P) We need email address and mailing addresses. Asap, please!

Next thing is, Andy....you mentioned we needed to name
positions or some sort of committee....please help me with that!

Also...Deidra, thanks for mentioning Skpe.  
Andy...would Skpe work to have a "talk". I am all for that. It'll be a lot easier to see who is talking and keep track of things, I think.

Okay, well that is all I can think of for now.
Check out our discussion forum. I will post on here when something new comes up on there.
We just need to get a feel for what people want to do.

Also, don't forget CONTACT INFO!
Spread the word.
I have only heard from very very few people.

Thanks!
Have a good night!

5 comments:

  1. I have another suggestion!
    Perhaps we should create an e-mail address specifically for the class (ex: chs2002@gmail.com) and give the password/info to our officers and/or committee leaders. This would be real handy for collecting classmate's mailing info - one single address to send info and queries to. Also, this would save the officers from having to hand out their personal e-mail addresses to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, another idea: we could create an online form for people to fill out that could send the info to an e-mail address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deidra, you have the best ideas! So smarrrt! =)
    Which do you think would be easier for everyone else to submit they're info?
    I think a class email would be good no matter what. It's just a matter of setting it up. I have set one up for Lavender Puff through GMail. I just don't want it to get too confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree we should definitely do a class e-mail no matter what.

    An online form would be more work, but I've done it before (and fairly recently for the movie project). The benefits to doing a form would be:
    a) Everyone submits the same info (No forgotten zip codes, for example)
    b) Info submitted would be orderly
    c) People who don't use e-mail can still submit an entry (Though, they would still have to go online.)
    d) All entries would go to the same e-mail inbox

    If we did a form, I would recommend collecting mailing addresses as well as e-mails, but make neither of them mandatory entries. We could collect other info as well, such as optional phone contacts or even take a quick poll on who's considering attending.

    Oh, and the cons for doing a form:
    a) It takes a little more effort to set up (but that doesn't bother me)
    b) It would be another site/address for people to find. (Though we can put a nice, large link to it in the columb on the right there ->)

    We could also just have the form as an option; people could choose to use it or just send an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, lets use it as an option, because I already had some people send me messages on FB.

    I like all your ideas! We can do it, if you feel up to whipping it up. Take your time. I put a link on the side for our Discussion Board, but its nothing fancy. If you know of a way to make it more...fancier....like a button or something(I would just need the html)...cool, if not, no big deal.

    Thanks Deidra!!

    ReplyDelete